|Former Wheat King Michael Ferland getting set to face his former team tonight|
1. Corbin Boes
35. Curtis Honey
3. Tyler Yaworski - 7. Eric Roy
25. Nick Walters - 9. Rene Hunter
10. Kord Pankewicz - 5. Colton Waltz
29. Nick Buonassisi - 20. Chad Robinson - 24. Jens Meilleur
19. Taylor Cooper - 23. Tim McGauley - 22. Marek Kalus
14. Jason Swyripa - 8. Jayce Hawryluk - 15. Jack Palmer
26. Geordie Maguire - 28. Quintin Lisoway
- Brandon scratches tonight are D Ryan Pulock (wrist, 2 weeks), F Richard Nejezchleb (hand/thumb, 2 weeks) and F Tyrel Seaman (concussion, out for season). John Quenneville is slated to return to the lineup after missing Friday's game against Prince Albert as he continues to nurse a groin injury suffering at the World Under-17 Hockey Challenge. **UPDATE** After taking warmup, Quenneville (groin) is scratched from Brandon's lineup.
- After Curtis Honey started the last three games, Corbin Boes gets the start in his hometown tonight. Boes hasn't won a game since Brandon's 5-4 overtime victory over Red Deer back on December 8th and has allowed 30 goals in his last six starts. He's looking to salvage what's been a disappointing 2012-2013 campaign over the last 26 games and, don't forget, this is about the same time when he kicked things into high gear a year ago.
- It's the first time Michael Ferland will face his former team since Brandon traded him to Saskatoon on January 10th for a first round pick in the 2013 WHL Bantam Draft. Ferland has one goal, three points and a +1 rating in four games as a Blades but Saskatoon has won just one of those four games, a 5-4 home-ice win over Moose Jaw.
- It's an interesting comparson between the 2013 edition of the Saskatoon Blades that will host the Memorial Cup and the 2010 edition of the Brandon Wheat Kings that did the same. After going through the WHL trade deadline, Blades have 12 players acquired via trade on their roster. Brandon's team in 2010 had a grand total of five players acquired via trade. The rest of Brandon's roster that you were either Bantam picks, Import picks or listed players.
- Interesting scheduling?? Including tonight's contest, the Wheat Kings meet Saskatoon six times before the end of the regular season. Moose Jaw and Saskatoon had seven head-to-head meetings the rest of the season including last night's victory by the Blades